Elephant Ear Cookies

 If you don't think I had troubling finding a dessert starting with "E," think again! I had seen these delicious cookies before, but never knew the name, and definitely never thought to make them. However, the process of making these Elephant Ear Cookies was so unbelievably easy and resulted in an incredible product!


Picture perfect for less than 30 mins of cooking time!!

The first step was to put some sugar on a hard surface (I used a cutting board, but you could really just use a countertop) and roll out the puff pastry in the sugar. This was super easy, although I would change one thing if I make these again. The recipe called for a pretty large amount of sugar, and I only ended up using maybe 2/3 of it, which was a big waste. You definitely don't need to go by their exact measurements, but kind of feel it out to your taste! Here is what mine looked like before and after being rolled out:


PS: The recipe I used called for a small amount of cinnamon with the sugar mixture on the puff pastry. Like the sugar, I think you can just eyeball the amount of cinnamon you want based on personal preference. This is really a recipe were you can try new things and adjust to what you like the most!

The next step was slightly more complicated, although all things considered it was really not bad. Basically you have to fold the puff pastry a certain amount of times in order to make the right shape. I had to do it a couple times, but it wasn't too bad and it's what makes these cookies so great!


Lastly, I cut up the strip of folded puff pastry and placed the smaller pieces on a baking sheet. Like I said before, this recipe is really flexible because there aren't very many steps. This being said, the recipe recommended a size that I cut up the puff pastry, but I think it would have worked for any preferred size.
 

Here's a little before and after the oven:))


Needless to say, the process was near effortless and the cookies turned out amazing. They looked stunning and tasted even better. I don't know that there was a 'wow' factor necessarily, but they were super, super good and the best part was how simple they were to make! I think they look more like hearts than elephant ears, which makes it even cuter. Overall, I would rate these Elephant Ear Cookies a solid 8/10; they tasted great and were incredibly simple to make, although they weren't anything crazy special. 

Here is the link to the recipe I used: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/cinnamon-elephant-ears-recipe-1923543














Comments

Popular Posts