Fudge

 I know many of my posts include chocolate of some sort, but for the letter "F" I could simply not resist doing fudge!! Fudge is one of my favorite sweets and it really isn't too complicated to make. Here's what the final product looked like:

The recipe I found was really simple and didn't have too many steps. The first thing I had to do was microwave some chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk to get the mixture to the best "fudgey" constancy. The recipe said to mix the ingredients a couple times while it is microwaving, however I ended up mixing it at least 3 times, just because I didn't want the chocolate to stick to the bowl! Here's a little before and after:


Next, I poured the fudge into a glass dish. The recipe recommended greasing the pan before putting the fudge in. I greased it pretty heavily, although when I went to cut it out later, I could not get the fudge out! It was super stuck to the bottom. So, I would definitely recommend using a piece of parchment paper under the fudge to fold up on the sides because that would be a much easier way to get the little square out! Also, the recipe recommended to mix walnuts into the fudge. I'm not a big fan of walnuts, but I instead sprinkled some course sea salt on the top for extra flavor. 


Overall, this was a fantastic desert! The cooking process was extremely easy, and it literally took me only 20 minutes until I had to let the fudge set in the refrigerator. The fudge also tasted AMAZING, and reminded me of the beach (I always get fudge at the beach:))! I think I will definitely make this again, and when I do I want to experiment more with the flavors, maybe include peanut butter, caramel, etc. However, sometimes the simple chocolate and sea salt is just perfect by itself, especially when it only takes 20 minutes!! . So, I would rate this desert a solid, well-deserved, 9/10. 

Here is a link to the recipe I used: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9368/fudge/


Comments

Popular Posts