Double Chocolate Cupcakes

 The letter D! I really wanted to do donuts for this one, but since I was pretty unsuccessful the last time I tried frying something (with the churros), I figured I would stick with something I know and love.... Double Chocolate Cupcakes!!! I am such a chocoholic so I was super excited to do anything that would give me a delicious and fudgey dessert. While the recipe I used was for normal chocolate cupcakes, I mixed in some of my favorite chocolate chips into the batter so that the cupcakes would be even more chocolatey! So, I guess it was triple chocolate cupcakes :) Here's the final product!


My first step was of course to make the cupcake batter! It was super simple, but also super delicious! Eating a little bit of batter never hurt anyone:) 

Here is what the batter looked like after mixing in the chocolate chips. I used semisweet chips because I thought that the milk chocolate would be a bit too overpowering and semisweet is my personal favorite!



Next, I put the batter into both mini and regular sized cupcake holders. I originally planned to do regular sized cupcakes but I realized I only had cupcake liners for the minis. I ended up doing both and just spraying the pan for the regular sized cupcakes that I didn't have the liners for which actually worked just as well! Here's what they looked like before and after the oven!




While I let the cupcakes cool, I made the frosting. Normally, chocolate frosting is super challenging and much more complicated than normal buttercream frosting. However, I found this amazing recipe that was super simple and easy to make. My only recommendation is to make sure you set out butter to soften before you make the frosting because it does require a good amount of butter and won't work if the butter is chilled or frozen. Anyways, here is how it turned out!



Frosting cupcakes can be a challenge because I always have trouble with piping. Either I don't have a piping bag, don't have the right size, or somehow mess up the process in another way. However, I happened to find piping bags with a tip that was the right fit for both the mini cupcakes and the regular sized ones! From there, it was just so satisfying to pipe on that delicious frosting. 


Don't be fooled by how yummy these look, I did have some challenges. When piping on the frosting, make sure not to press too hard on the icing bag because it will break and the frosting will explode everywhere! (i learned this the hard way). I have to say, other than the minor challenges I explained, The overall process was extremely easy and not time consuming at all. To add to the already successful process, these tasted absolutely incredible and I will definitely be making these again. 


I mean seriously! For sure would rate this 10/10 :))


Here is the recipe for the cake: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17377/chocolate-cupcakes/
(I added chocolate chips into the batter before putting it into the cupcake tins, but this step is of course optional)

Here is the recipe for the icing: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/favorite-chocolate-buttercream/#tasty-recipes-68044









Comments

Popular Posts